[EXIM] docs again

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: vtmue
Para: eml
Assunto: [EXIM] docs again
Hello all,

since there were no additions made to the online docs (howto, faq) for
quite a while, and since I'm convinced that Philip and Nigel cannot afford
much time on that besides all the other exim-related tasks, I'd like to
ask all (primarily advanced) users for suggestions how to provide more
docs, particularly howtos and faqs.

For the average user documentation in "cookbook" style is much more helpy
and straightforward than detailed technical information such as the
exim specification.

In my opinion, a set of howtos that fit to the needs of beginners would
provide a major step towards a more popular exim.

Now, how could this be done? I thought of the following way:
Possibly some of you have configured things like header rewriting, virtual
domains, handling of mailing lists etc. in a way that you think it's worth
recommending to others. Those may write howtos and send them either to
the list for feedback or directly to Philip and/or Nigel. The latter could
then put them online after having evaluated the correctness of the
contents.

Additions, comments, criticism and Pizzas welcome :)

cheerio,
Volker
   Volker T. Mueller             Freiburg im Breisgau BRD   "hope is the
   Student der Informatik        vtmue@???       denial of
   Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet   +49 (0)761 35503            reality"