Re: [EXIM] Auto reply once only for a given user, but with a…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Rufus
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Auto reply once only for a given user, but with a sender?
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Rufus wrote:

> I am trying to make an acknowledgement system that does not send the same
> response more than once. That is upon receiving a mail I want to say, have
> you included infomation X. If they then send back a reply I do not want to
> then send them the same query. Off hand I can see two possibilities:-
>
> 1 I set up a pipe to a program which stores a list of everyone who has had
> the reply. This is probably not a practical solution if you have a lot of
> senders.
>
> 2 I alter the header in some way so that I can recognise replies to my
> mails. Something Along the lines of adding X-Been-The-Done-That to the
> header.
>
> What I do not know is which RFC to check to see if option 2 will necessarily
> be preserved in a reply. Is there a better way in which to do this?

Replies are new messages. They can contain anything the sender wishes.
Headers from the original message are not necessarily involved at all,
though some UAs include an In-Reply-To: header. But they don't
necessarily do that.

The normal vacation-type mechanism just sends a message once to a given
sender. Autoreply does this using the "once" keyword.

It sounds as if you ought to write a script that checks for information
X before sending off a request for it.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714