[EXIM] Auto reply once only for a given user, but with a sen…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Rufus
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Auto reply once only for a given user, but with a sender?
I am trying to make an acknowledgement system that does not send the same
response more than once. That is upon receiving a mail I want to say, have
you included infomation X. If they then send back a reply I do not want to
then send them the same query. Off hand I can see two possibilities:-

1 I set up a pipe to a program which stores a list of everyone who has had
the reply. This is probably not a practical solution if you have a lot of
senders.

2 I alter the header in some way so that I can recognise replies to my
mails. Something Along the lines of adding X-Been-The-Done-That to the
header.

What I do not know is which RFC to check to see if option 2 will necessarily
be preserved in a reply. Is there a better way in which to do this?

In all cases I will need to ensure that all mail does get through to the
user. I assume I will do this using the shadow transport in some manner to
see that one copy goes to the mail box and one to the
program/autoreply/filter as appropriate (haven't looked at this yet).

Has anyone already done this, as it seems an obvious thing to be doing. I
know I have come across many vacation setups on other peoples systems that
only send you the away message once. I just don't know if any were set up on
exim, or if all of them use something similar to option 1...

Many thanks,
Rufus