Re: [EXIM] my director isn't directing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: James Orwell
Cc: exim-users, jo
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] my director isn't directing
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, James Orwell wrote:

> mail addressed to testmail@??? gets pointed (by MX records)
> at a machine called phalcon. I want the exim process on phalcon to forward the
> mail to phalphajo, which is sitting on a private network (192.168...). the
> private IP address of phalphajo is known to phalcon via the latter's /etc/hosts
> file. The following director is the one intended for such deliveries, listed
> first in its section:
>
> independent_subdomains:
> driver = smartuser
> domains = ph.kcl.ac.uk

              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
This domain list does not include phalphajo.ph.kcl.ac.uk; consequently,
this director won't be invoked. Perhaps you mean *.ph.kcl.ac.uk?

> exim goes to the external name-server again for phalphajo, finds that the

It would only do that if it is _routing_ as opposed to directing the
address. Have you included phalphajo.ph.kcl.ac.uk in local domains?

Actually, that isn't the right way to do it. This is a routing problem.
It sounds as if all you need is a domainlist router. Check out the
examples of domainlist routers, especially the second last one, which is
about mail hubbing.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714