[EXIM] my director isn't directing

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: James Orwell
Para: exim-users
CC: jo
Assunto: [EXIM] my director isn't directing
helo everyone -

banging my head against a simple configuration problem (I reckon): here are
those log files in full...

What I Want To Happen
=====================

mail addressed to testmail@??? gets pointed (by MX records)
at a machine called phalcon. I want the exim process on phalcon to forward the
mail to phalphajo, which is sitting on a private network (192.168...). the
private IP address of phalphajo is known to phalcon via the latter's /etc/hosts
file. The following director is the one intended for such deliveries, listed
first in its section:

independent_subdomains:
driver = smartuser
domains = ph.kcl.ac.uk
transport = subdomains_smtp
no_more

which uses the following transport:

subdomains_smtp:
driver = smtp
no_delay_after_cutoff
non_mx_domains = *
gethostbyname
hosts=phalphajo.ph.kcl.ac.uk

What Actually Happens
=====================

exim goes to the external name-server again for phalphajo, finds that the
lowest MX is the local host, and so freezes the mail. here is the relevent bit
from exim_mainlog:

> 1998-07-09 15:21:11 0yuHZP-00009B-00 == testmail@???
> R=lookuphost defer (-1): lowest numbered MX record points to local host
> 1998-07-09 15:21:11 0yuHZP-00009B-00 Frozen

eximination of the debug log file suggests to me that the above director isn't
being invoked:

< Delivery address list:
<   testmail@???
< locked /usr/exim/spool/db/retry.lockfile
< opened DB file /usr/exim/spool/db/retry: flags=0
< unique = testmail@???
< dbfn_read: key=R:phalphajo.ph.kcl.ac.uk
< testmail@???: queued for routing
< After directing:
<   Local addresses:
<   Remote addresses:
<   Failed addresses:
<   Addresses to be routed:
<     testmail@???
<   Deferred addresses:
< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
< routing testmail@???, domain phalphajo.ph.kcl.ac.uk
< lookuphost router called for testmail@???
<   dns lookup: route_domain = phalphajo.ph.kcl.ac.uk

...and then it freezes the mail.

ok other relevent things I can check:

configure file:   local_domains = ph.kcl.ac.uk
/etc/aliases:     testmail: testmail@???
/etc/hosts:       192.168.2.16    phalphajo phalphajo.ph.kcl.ac.uk

any suggestions etc gratefully received.

many thanks,

james

James Orwell                                   email: jo@???
Image Processing Group                         phone: 0171 873 2894
Physics Department,                            fax:   0171 873 2716
Kings College London.
WC2R 2LS
                                       "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
                                                         --  Bill Gates, 1981