[EXIM] CDB Tools? (was: simple hotmail regexp)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Ephraim Silverberg
CC: Exim List
Assunto: [EXIM] CDB Tools? (was: simple hotmail regexp)

ephraim@??? said:
} Where can one obtain these tools?

    http://www.pobox.com/~djb/cdb.html

there is also a perl module on CPAN that does CDB.

We use cdb because in our specific it gives us signicant gains (especially
in the enhanced form that I coded for exim where lookups are as fast as
any other hash package I found on Unix) - these include the ability to
share cdb files over architectures which is actually crucial to us. Since
my code uses a shared memmap the memory overhead of lots of exim processes
hitting a set of cdb's is not too bad, but this limits you to a maximum
size of cdb (after which it falls back to normal mode).

I do somewhere have a hacked builddbm prog that works with cdb, but thats
not too special.

The same things can be done with any other of the db type lookup files - I
used to use db for exactly the same thing. Some of my performance hacks
for cdb are also being taken into the other db modules - ie a small cache
of lookups per db which will also help overall performance.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]