Re: [EXIM] unrouteable mail domain ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: James Orwell
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] unrouteable mail domain ?
On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, James Orwell wrote:

> -i'm running exim on a multi-homed host ('hostA'), one home attached to a
> private (192.168) network. at present i'm testing sending mail into

the private network.

> -from hostA, I can 'mail testmail' a message which is transported fine

to hostB.

> -from outside hostA, the message is bounced with a 'unrouteable mail

domain' error message.

What is the address that bounces? Who bounces it? Is it the machine on
which it is being sent (let us call that hostC)? If so, the problem is
in the DNS. Without an entry for hostB, there is no way hostC can tell
where to send the message if it is addressed to xx@hostB. That is,
assuming hostC is "any old host on the net". If hostC is restricted to
being one of your own hosts, you could do the routing by other means.

If it is hostA that is bouncing it, then there is something weird going
on if it can itself send to hostB. But wait, you are using some kind of
alias. What is the address that is being bounced? Is it
"testmail@hostA"? What is qualify_domain on hostA?

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714