Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo
On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> |test-list:"|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test-list

-h lists.mydomain.de test-list-outgoing"

> >1998-07-06 16:31:21 0ytCIb-0003j5-00 <= mh@??? H=bp-ws42.ka.mydomain.de [192.168.10.56] P=smtp S=699 id=001101bda8ea$b5be4080$380aa8c0@??? T="blafasel"
> >1998-07-06 16:31:24 0ytCIe-0003jA-00 <= owner-test-list@??? U=majordomo P=local S=943 id=001101bda8ea$b5be4080$380aa8c0@??? T="blafasel"
> >1998-07-06 16:31:24 0ytCIe-0003jA-00 ** test-list-outgoing@???: unknown local-part "test-list-outgoing" in domain "mydomain.de"

So majordomo is mailing to an unqualified address. Unqualified addresses
are qualified on receipt by Exim, since internally it works entirely
with qualified addresses.

> Now, when I change the test-list line in
> /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases to read:
> |test-list:"|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test-list

-h lists.mydomain.de test-list-outgoing@???"

Aha! So the address it mails to is in the command you give it.

> That shows that exim is invoked as exim -f
> owner-test-list@???,
> hence qualify_preserve_domain _should_ work in that case.

No; qualify_preserve_domain preserves the domain of a (qualified)
recipient when it is expanded into an unqualified alias. It does not pay
any attention to the domain of the sender. After all, senders could
contain any old domain. I don't think qualify_preserve_domain is
relevant at all in this case.

> Looks like test-list is being qualified to
> test-list@??? resp. test-list@???
> by qualify_domain before the majordomo_aliases director has a chance
> to do its qualify_preserve_domain magic. How do I solve this?

Unqualified addresses are qualified on receipt by Exim, since internally
it works entirely with qualified addresses.

(1) Why can't you just put the domain in the test-list line as you have
done above in the test that worked?

(2) If you can't do that, you will have to find some way of using
rewriting to recognize the addresses submitted by majordomo and change
them that way.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714