Re: [EXIM] anonymous suggestion box?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Julian
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] anonymous suggestion box?

> I've been asked to implement the following, which I know violates just
> about every conceivable RFC involved in the addressing and traceability of
> email but here goes...
>
> Management would like me to set up an email address, lets call it
> suggestions@???. Employees could then send messages to
> suggestions@??? and they'd be forwarded on to
> bigcheese@???. The catch is that there must be "no way" for
> bigcheese to know who sent the message. In the "ideal world", the
> postmaster wouldn't be able to tell either, but as long as the postmaster
> can convince bigcheese that it's non-traceable, that's OK. One additional
> thing that I'd like to see is that unless the message comes from within
> bigelow.org, it gets blackholed to prevent spam etc from getting into the
> suggestion box.. One enhancement that might be asked for, so any design
> shouldn't preclude it is that the "subject", if it's an RFC compliant
> address, could be used as the "target" address rather than bigcheese.
>
> Has anyone else done this or does anyone have any ideas on where to start
> or why *not* to do this?
>
> TIA,
> Bruce

I've not been reading the exim mailing list properly over the last few weeks,
but just to shove in my two-pennorths. You'll not be able to properly
hide it unless exim doesn't log something. I can think of ways of doing
that, the first, and ickiest is to run a version of exim which logs to
/dev/null %-}

Also it may be possible to at least make tracing very difficult if you
included some mailing list software, such as majordomo, and munged that
up good and proper.

The other sideways solution that springs to mind is to set up a web page
and to do it from there.

Julian
Unix Admin, Internet Vision