Re: [EXIM] Looping list

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Gyan Mathur
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Looping list

gyan@??? said:
} Yes, the ideal solution would be to get the customer to configure
} their mailer sensibly (and not run an open relay) but this sort of
} thing is bound to happen again. I'm not sure whether to (a) rewrite
} the To: field to be something invalid (but that would mean changing
} the configuration every time a new list is set up, to add a new
} rewriting rule); (b) rewrite the From: field to something not
} authorised to post to the list; (c) trap mail to closed lists by
} sending host as well as by actual sender; (d) do something with
} From: field for list mail, nor how to do (c) or (d) at all. There is
} probably a better solution that I haven't thought of.

Personally, I think I would drop the lists under the control of a MLM, and
have that do loop control (as well as checking for invalid senders etc).

However, this pop puller really does appear broken - what happens if I
forge mail into them (nice new hack for doing that through people's squid
caches was exposed only this week), with the To: line to someone
interesting and keen on going to court, and a set of insults and libel and
see how long it takes for them to fix their mailer after that.... :-)

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]