Re: [EXIM] Looping list

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Gyan Mathur
Para: exim-users, gyan
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Looping list

> > Yes, the ideal solution would be to get the customer to configure
> > their mailer sensibly
>
> Not only sensibly, but in accordance with RFC 821. Don't you have some
> conditions of service with your customer that makes them adhere to
> the normal Internet standards, such as they are?

Good question -- I'm only a techie. 8-)

But even if we can disconnect them, or whatever, someone is going to
mis-configure their mailer the same way on a Friday evening and cause
problems all through the weekend until we catch them, which is why I
was hoping for a solution in Exim.

> A system set up the way
> you describe is going to cause all sorts of chaos.

Agreed completely.

Looking at the header, for what it's worth, it claims to be:

[192.168.nnn.nnn] with POP (MDaemon.v2.6.rA.b2.32-R) for
<web-klanten@???>; Fri, 03 Jul 98 08:02:00 +0200

(where xxxxxxxx and nnn are to protect the guilty, and the line is
folded); I wonder who makes "POP (MDaemon.v2.6.rA.b2.32-R)" and how
easy it is to mis-configure in that way.

> What does it do with
> messages with envelope recipient x@??? and To: lines like

> Cc: pqr@???
>
> ? Does is send copies to all those other addresses? Sheesh.

No idea, though I would _guess_ that maybe it spots the @their.domain
and realises that the mail really is local. If anyone knows this
particular piece of software, they can probably answer the question
better than I can. I don't deal directly with customers (fortunately)
and don't know anything about their software.

Gyan.