Re: [EXIM] Numeric testing within directors/routers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Elena Blanco
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Numeric testing within directors/routers
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Elena Blanco wrote:

> I would like to restrict the size of message that Exim will process for specific
> hosts rather than globally. To achieve this I intended to use a smartuser
> director to compare the value of $message_size against a limit but there doesn't
> seem to be the usual arithmetical operators I would have expected (g, gt, le, lt
> etc). I would prefer not to resort to using filter files so is there any plan
> to provide this type of numeric testing within directors/routers? Is this a
> contender for the wish list?

The original conception was for testing strings only, and the existing
"eq" operator in the expansion syntax does a string rather than a
numeric comparison. (This was copied from smail, which had only the eq
operator.) Adding numeric operators was already on the "old" wish list.
I have now added it to the "new" wish list, where I am recording the
identities of people who support specific items. Once the next release
of Exim is out, I may publish the new wish list for people to comment
on, but as previously mentioned, I do want to spend time working on
introductory documentation, the FAQ, etc.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714