Re: [EXIM] Can't get shadow_transport to work

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James FitzGibbon
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Can't get shadow_transport to work
On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > 1998-06-27 13:54:40 0ypzBP-0003PY-00 => james <james@???>
> > D=localuser T=local_delivery ST=shadow_local (Expansion of
> > "/tmp/smtp.batch/${host}" (file or directory name for shadow_local
> > transport) failed: )
> > 1998-06-27 13:54:40 0ypzBP-0003PY-00 Completed
>
> I cannot believe that Exim has invented the string "/tmp/smtp.batch/${host}"
> all by itself. Therefore, it must be getting it from somewhere. Does
> this string appear in your configuration file? Are you sure Exim is
> reading the correct configuration file?

Forget it; I found the problem and it was my fault all along. In order to
look up users in a separate Berkeley DB file, I made some changes to
appendfile.c, specifically this line:

path = expand_string(fdname);

Later in development, I decided to compartmentalize the changes into a new
director I wrote, but I never backed out the change to the line above.
So, the error was the appendfile transport attempting to lookup the string
'/tmp/batchthis' (or the expanded version of /tmp/smtp.batch/${host}' in
my authentication database.

So, problem found (but not quite solved -- that will take a bit of work).
I'll probably have to compartmentalize things into their own transport as
well, or have the expansion of the string check first against my database,
then just a regular expansion.

Thanks for making me re-think my own actions there... 8-)

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610