[EXIM] Filter saves and locking problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Filter saves and locking problems
I have what I assume to be a fairly default configuration, in
that I have not set any file locking options explicitly in my
configuration file so am running with the defaults (both lock
files and fnctl locking, I presume).

This appears to work file for mail to mail spools in /var/spool/mail
and also for a couple of aliases which just dump mail to a file, but
I have just tried to set up a user filter with

something like

[some conditions]
save $home/mail/junk
endif

Mail has come in meeting the conditions and an empty file junk was
created, along with junk.lock, but mail was not delivered and
is sitting in the exim queue.

The queue msg files for the message are empty.

I removed the .lock file by hand, and tried to redeliver (from eximon)
and then got a message that the spool file is locked.

The home directory is NFS mounted. Nothing else was accessing the
files at the initial time of delivery. In principle the other things
that can write to these files are the UW imap server which is
running on the same host as the exim delivery and Pine (MUA) directly
(over NFS).

It appears that exim is tripping over its own lock. Any help
would be appreciated.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814