Re: [EXIM] What is a good mode for a user .forward file?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Ben Smithurst
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] What is a good mode for a user .forward file?
On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Rufus wrote:
>
> > Erm, but that is the mode I started with, and I was getting the bad mode
> > then... I took it up to 777 figuring that would work, and I could lower it
> > from there, but it didn't work.
>
> Tried 600? If the permissions are not tight enough, Exim might
> complain, and it might consider 640 not secure enough.

>From the specs

  modemask (forwardfile) option

   Option: modemask
   Type: integer
   Default: 022

This specifies mode bits which must not be set for the forward file.
If they are set, the director fails and the message is frozen.

There are good reasons to keep the modemask at the default (otherwise
you make it very easy for users to steal each other's mail). but 640
should pass that modemask, 777 definitely won't and is a very bad idea.

Just go with 600

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814