[EXIM] What is a good mode for a user .forward file?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Rufus
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] What is a good mode for a user .forward file?
I am trying to pass mails to a particular user into a small program which
for the moment will just copy them to a file. Later I intend that it should
do various clever bits of processing and send out responses etc., but for
the moment i am keeping it simple. My .forward file for that user is

| /usr/home/another/foo.exe

with permissions as follows...

-rwxrwxrwx 1 another another 37 Jun 25 18:31 .forward

user another is set to go to the right place, and without the .forward in
place mail works.
I have included the following directors

address_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file = .forward
no_verify
check_ancestor
filter

and when I send mail to it I get the following turning up in my msglog
directory:-

1998-06-25 19:02:00 fireback@???
<fireback@???>: u
serforward director deferred: <fireback@???> - bad mode
(100777)
for /home/fireback/.forward (userforward director)

So I guess I need to know what mode .forward should have? Or am I missing
something more blatant? I have had no problems running the same thing under
sendmail, but this is the first time I have played with pipes under exim.

Many thanks,

Rufus