Re: [EXIM] exim want item (VERP)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Richard Welty
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] exim want item (VERP)
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Richard Welty wrote:

> this may be a "want" item, but it may be doable in the context of exim as it exists now. i haven't really looked at it closely enough to see if it's feasible with 1.9x as is.
>
> VERP support, as described at
>
> ftp://koobera.math.uic.edu/www/proto/verp.txt
>
> would be a very nice feature for handling bounce messages for large mailing lists...
>
> has anyone looked into this?

I have not tried it, but I think you can probably do it by

(a) Restricting all deliveries to one recipient. Note that this will use
    more bandwidth for remote deliveries. There are opinions on both
    sides about whether this is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing.

(b) Supplying appropriate re-writing rules for the envelope sender.

(c) Configuring a suitable director to use the suffix option for
    handling the bounces.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714