Re: [EXIM] Autoreply transport bug?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jochen Topf
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Autoreply transport bug?
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Jochen Topf wrote:

> User <somebody_with_autoreply@???> sends a mail. Mail bounces for some
> reason. Return-mail with empty envelope from finds the autoreply transport
> and an autoreply is generated(?), which can't be delivered, because of the
> non-existing sender (i.e. <>). The original bounce is delivered, but it
> stayes in the queue. The next queue run will remove it.

How is the autoreply set up? In a filter file? Then I would argue that
the filter file is incorrect. If the recommended line

if error_message then finish endif

is placed at the start of the filter, this problem would not happen.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714