Re: [EXIM] MX Loop

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Jochen Topf
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] MX Loop
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Jochen Topf wrote:

> Ok. The problem is that I was speaking about an option to be used in the
> config of the smarthost, while you are talking about an option to be used
> in the config on mx.mydomain.de.

Ah! Light dawns. Sorry. I completely misunderstood. I now see what you
are getting at. So what you have is

domain    MX   1  primary
domain    MX   2  secondary

where "secondary" is configured to send all non-local mail to
"smarthost". You don't know how many domains are in this situation, and
(I presume) you are unable to get the DNS changed to

domain    MX   1  primary
domain    MX   2  smarthost

which would be the "proper" way of fixing the problem. (An alternative
would be to turn off relaying on "secondary", but that would bounce
mail.)

So you want a way of configuring "smarthost" to get around this
mis-configuration of the DNS. (I just want to make the point that there
would be no problem if the DNS could be updated to describe what the
actual situation is.)

If you were able to configure "smarthost" never to send any mail to
"secondary" it would solve this problem, but perhaps there is legitimate
mail that needs to take that route. You are suggesting a list of hosts
which get treated "as the local host" if they appear in MX records - but
what happens if such a host appears as the primary MX record? Do you
still want it removed? That would lead to the "self" option being
invoked.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714