Re: [EXIM] Quota on maildirs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Jochen Topf
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Quota on maildirs

sqrt@??? said:
} I am using qmail-style maildirs. Exim seems not to support quota for
} these. Anybody with a patch? Is it on the ToDo-List? Quota from the OS
} can't be used, because the pop users are not unix users (not in /etc/
} passwd).

Its going to be *very* difficult to do well.
Basically you need to read all the maildir subdirectories, tot up the size
of the files and work from that. Its going to be messy and long winded,
and would not work at all for our environment which has some special
wrinkles. If implemented it needs to be configurable since its going to
be seriously disk and CPU intensive - at least doubling the system
requirements per delivery (OK, thats a guess!!).

I don't have any need for this personally - we just build a list of big
mailboxes each week and hassle the mailbox owners :-)

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]