Re: [EXIM] Filtering Question + patch for MySQL database.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Vincent Renardias
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Filtering Question + patch for MySQL database.
On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> Fair enough. However, even in case "pipe" is just used as a delivering
> process, this feature may be used to have a fallback delivery, in case the
> pipe command fails.
> something like:
> ---
> # Exim filter
> pipe /usr/bin/foo
> if $pipe_exit_status is not "0" then
>     # pipe failed, use default delivery method instead
>     save $home/Mail/
> endif
> ---

But it does not execute the pipe while running the filter. It just sets it up
for later, just like a normal .forward file does.

> If I send a patch implementing it, does it have a chance to be included?

I look at all patches that are sent to me. Sometimes I include them,
sometimes I don't like them at all, and sometimes they give me an idea
for providing the facility in a "better" way.

I would not want to change the current behaviour of the "pipe" command.
Therefore, anything along these lines would be something like

if pipeto "xxxxxxxx" then ...

but implementing this would be a lot of code, essentially copying quite
a lot of what is done at delivery time.

Philip

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714