Re: [EXIM] Automated Response from Hotmail Customer Service …

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Dave C.
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Automated Response from Hotmail Customer Service (fwd)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:00:05 GMT
> From: Marc Haber <Marc.Haber-lists@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] Automated Response from Hotmail Customer Service (fwd)
>
> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:31:18 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
> >Can anyone suggest a global Exim filter which will ensure that if we allowed
> >mail from people calling themselves 'x@???' it will be valid
> >according to the rules below.
>
> That is IMHO not a good idea since it will prevent people with a
> hotmail address that are _not_ using the Hotmail SMTP server from
> sending mail to your site because the X-Originating-IP won't be
> present.
>
> This can for example be the case for hotmail users that cannot make
> outgoing SMTP connections.

Hotmail is a WWW-based email system, they do not need to use SMTP
gateways. All mail that is legitimately from a hotmail.com address will
come from the hotmail service.