Re: [EXIM] hitching post?

Author: Evan Leibovitch
Subject: Re: [EXIM] hitching post?
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Setting the sticky bit is standard practice in some operating system
> environments (we do it on some of our systems). There are several ways to
> achieve local mail delivery into individual user mailboxes in a common
> directory:

> (2) Set group=mail (or whatever) on the appendfile transport,

This is the route I chose. I'm loathe to mess with the default
installation settings if there's a nicer way to do it, and having exim run
as group 'mail' to do the file append seems the best way.

> (3) Turn off the use of lock files, thus avoiding the need to create
> files in the directory. This is not recommended [...] Personally, I
> would never risk this.

Understood. Thanks!

----
Evan Leibovitch * Xunil Computing * Brampton, Ontario, Canada * www.xunil.com
 Supporting Intel-based Unix and Linux since 1985 * Caldera & SCO authorized
                  Ask me about the Toronto Linux Users Group