Re: [EXIM] too many open files

Author: Philip Hazel
To: arb-exim
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] too many open files
On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 arb-exim@??? wrote:

> Hello. I am a new user of exim. I have just installed version 1.92 on my
> BSD/OS 2.1 system. It works quite well, except for a small problem I'm
> having. I've configured in the queue_smtp option so that it will deliver
> more messages down the same connection later. However, I've noticed that
> when a queue runnner starts up, it opens many many exim processes -
> typically 60 or more.

What is the nature of the messages? Are there likely to be many
recipients on each message - i.e. are they for a mailing list? If so, I
think I might know how this could happen.

Exim isn't really designed as a queueing MTA.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714