Re: [EXIM] unexpected disconnection while reading data (hotm…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Stephen Marquard
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] unexpected disconnection while reading data (hotmail.com and elsewhere)
On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Stephen Marquard wrote:

> On two servers of ours (Exim 1.82 on FreeBSD 2.2.6, and Exim 1.92 on
> FreeBSD 2.2), Exim is logging a significant number of errors
> receiving mail from hotmail.com, e.g.:
>
> 1998-06-07 18:24:31 f91.hotmail.com (hotmail.com) [207.82.250.197]
> unexpected disconnection while reading data

Are you still seeing these? My impression is that hotmail.com is
overloaded, resulting in this kind of problem from time to time.

> This happens with a couple of other sites, such as these, logged with
> disconnections while reading the header (rather than data). The other
> 20,000 or so email messages received weekly don't have any problems.

We see a trickle of these messages. I think they are mainly caused by
flaky connections or flaky servers.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714