Re: [EXIM] sender_host_reject_recipients

Author: Pollywog
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] sender_host_reject_recipients
To:                 pollywog@???
Date sent:          Sat, 13 Jun 1998 21:47:14 -0500 (CDT)
Copies to:          exim-users@???
From:               "Steven A. Reisman" <sar@???>

> You have to tell exim how to search the file. For a "flat file" you'd do
> a linear search, so your config statement should be:
>
>    sender_host_reject_recipients = lsearch;/etc/mail/block/hosts
>                                    ^^^^^^^

> > and /etc/mail/block/hosts is just a listing of host IP addresses that
> > should be rejected, with one IP address on each line.
>
> If your file is large, you should consider using "exim_builddbm" to
> construct a dbm file. Then your option would be:
>
>    sender_host_reject_recipients = dbm;/etc/mail/block/hosts

This does not seem to work with files consisting of IP addresses; I get errors
every time. The plain text file without 'lsearch' or 'dbm' does work. I will have to
keep the file small. Is it necessary to use quotation marks in the following
manner:

sender_host_reject_recipients = "dbm;/etc/mail/block/hosts"    or is that only
needed when there is more than on line?

--Andrew