[EXIM] too many open files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: arb-exim
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] too many open files
Hello. I am a new user of exim. I have just installed version 1.92 on my
BSD/OS 2.1 system. It works quite well, except for a small problem I'm
having. I've configured in the queue_smtp option so that it will deliver
more messages down the same connection later. However, I've noticed that
when a queue runnner starts up, it opens many many exim processes -
typically 60 or more. When this happens, many other programs on my system
start complaining about "too many open files" and I cannot even do an "ls"
at my shell prompt. My "queue_run_max" is set to 1. A lot of mail comes in
via rmail in big batches. I've tried to solve the problem by putting ulimit
-f unlimited in my rc script, but even then, exim and other processes kep
complaining about too many open files. Does anyone have any ideas on what I
can do, beside changing my queing to queue_only? I've set it to queue_only
for now, and it seems to be behaving OK but I like the idea of queue_smtp.

My exim startup is exim -bd -q30m

The sysctl kern.maxfiles is 650 and kern.maxproc is 180

--
Anand

Gerrold's Laws of Infernal Dynamics:
    (1) An object in motion will always be headed in the wrong
        direction.
    (2) An object at rest will always be in the wrong place.
    (3) The energy required to change either one of these states
        will always be more than you wish to expend, but never so
        much as to make the task totally impossible.