Re: [EXIM] Mail Tapping

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Mail Tapping
Can we keep off the discussions of ethics with regard to the mail
archiving etc. Its a huge mine field both in respect of people's feelings
on the subject, and the actual legality which will cause problems since
this list goes to a *lot* of different countries.

The list is intended as a technical list about exim - the fact that I
could use it to distribute child pornography and the like is pretty much
outside the list brief, as is this ethics issue.

Exim can already snoop mail quite effectively. You probably already have
enough rope to carefully hang yourself wrt to what and how you
snoop/archive. I think we probably could do with a technical addition to
the filtering to make life slightly better controlled....

julian@??? said:
} noone I notice has actually posted a solution.

Is that a challenge??
    http://www.exim.org/doc/html/spec_14.html#SEC349
    http://www.exim.org/doc/html/filter_14.html#SEC14
either of those gives you quite enough rope to hang yourself :-)

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]