[EXIM] preserving addresses on mail for virtual domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Todd Lattimer
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] preserving addresses on mail for virtual domains
Hi all,

I have a query and was wondering if anyone has done what i am trying to do.
Currently we host several virtual domains on our server and are able to
direct mail sent to the different addresses for the virtual domain to
various mail boxes both on or off our server with the following director.

virtual:
driver = aliasfile,
domains = dbm;/etc/exim/domains
no_more
file = /etc/exim/$domain
search_type = lsearch

The only problem with doing it this way is it does not preserve the
original address the mail was sent to.
i.e postmaster@??? is re-writen as user@??? when it
passes through the director and is sent to the address specified.

What i would like to do is to be able to continue to direct the mail to
various mail boxes, but preserve the envelope, so mail that was origionally
sent to postmaster@??? will arrive at the mailbox for
user@??? but still retain the original e-mail address of
postmaster@??? when they read it.

Hope i'm making sense :)
If anyone has done this or is currently doing this i'd be greatful for any
pointers on how you managed to do it.

cheers
Todd