Re: [EXIM] Strange thing happening (I think)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Para: Griffiths M (ISaCS)
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Strange thing happening (I think)

(To reply to the original message in this thread, it was either quote the
whole thing or none, I've opted for almost none, so see the thread for
context + details).

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Griffiths M (ISaCS) wrote:
> Today a user at our site sent me the error message included below
> for an explaination as to why it failed. If you look at the headers in
> the message you'll notice that the line that specifies who the message
> is for is different to what the error message indicates and that of the
> message's To: line. The log (below) would appear to only indicate the
> "hotrail.com" address.... uuuhhh.....

This looks to me like a perfectly normal message from
Mailer-Daemon@??? to ggiles@???, telling him/her that
her/his mail to auser@??? could not be sent because it couldn't
find a way of contacting the domain hotrail.com (this isn't a surprise
since it has no DNS entries).

You may have been confused by the line
I think it was put in when ggiles@??? forwarded the report to you.
The non-matching "to" lines can then be explained as from alternate
exchanges in a dialog.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna