[EXIM] odd logging?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] odd logging?
Is it just me, or is there something slightly wierd about this...

1998-06-03 21:30:28 0yhKAb-00008O-00 => kbrown@???
R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=mailcore.theplanet.net [195.92.192.11]
C="250 OK id=0yhKB0-0005gH-00"

1998-06-03 21:30:30 0yhKAf-00008b-00 => kbrown@???
R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=mailcore.theplanet.net [195.92.192.12]*
C="250 OK id=0yhKB3-0005gH-00"

1998-06-03 21:30:33 0yhKAf-00008c-00 => kbrown@???
R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=mailcore.theplanet.net [194.152.64.45]*
C="250 OK id=0yhKB4-0005gH-00"

I say it is odd because the IPs are different, yet the * indicates the
message has been sent down an existing connection. I'm pretty sure the
* is right, and the IP wrong, since the pid of exim on mailcore was
the same on all three (according to the id= bit) and it seems unlikely
that three machines will all have the same pid talking to me at the
same time.

There was only one other connection to that machine around that time,
and it had a different pid on the remote machine so I think we can
safely assume that doesn't affect anything here.

Is there any chance this could be fixed? (assuming it is a problem and
not just me misunderstanding something).

(Nigel, perhaps can confirm which of these bits, if either, is wrong
if you get time to check your logs at all... Failing that, I've asked
Ken to send me the headers so I can check myself)

sorry to go off topic, but has anyone got any idea why pine decided to
add a reply-to to this? it does that occasionally, but I haven't
(AFAIAA) told it to

Cheers,

--
Ben Smithurst                                 ben@???