Re: [EXIM] Mail delivery failed: (My ISP's problem?)

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Dave C.
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Tim Patterson, Alan Mitchell, Omar Shahine, exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Mail delivery failed: (My ISP's problem?)

Perhaps exim could have a special catch for this to produce a message
that indicates what the trouble is?

Eg, if it finds an MX for which the domain doesnt exist, check the
target of the MX record against a regex that will match a dotten quad,
if it matches, include some text in the error like

"Cannot send mail to domain xxxxx.xxx: It seems like the DNS operator
for this domain has installed an invalid MX record with an IP address
instead of a domain name. To work properly MX records MUST be domain
names, NOT IP addresses"