Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Greg A. Woods
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 14:36:52 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Greg A. Woods" <woods@???>
> To: djc@???
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports

[..]

> > Its NOT a matter of trust. The FULL MESSAGE WITH FULL HEADERS would be
> > included with all reports. I'm not suggesting that you automatically
> > trust the pre-parsing, I'm merely suggesting it as a CONVENIENCE.
>
> But it *is* a matter of trust. Mark and I have said we will not trust
> anyone's interpretation of the original headers and will re-interpret
> them *anyway*. Anyone interpreting the headers for us and trying to
> tell us what's happened is wasting *their* time (and if the
> interpretation is long winded and we make the mistake of reading it, or
> the full headers are not included along with it, then they're also
> wasting our time).

Yes, but if the recipients included say, the IP address of the dialup
port that the spam appeared to be coming from, and you got a few
messages with the same IP, and you looked at the first few such
reports, and the IP address was correct, and you responded
appropriately (turn off account, etc, if appropriate), then as you got
the next six hundred such reports that had the same exact IP address,
you would save time without even looking at the headers, because while
its possible that some percent of reports will report the wrong
address, it is unlikely that a report that has the same IP address that
*you have already verified* is anything but a report of the same spam
you have already dealt with, and you can skip over those hundreds of
reports quickly, and you go on to a report that has an IP address that
you havent yet verified..