Re: [EXIM] local_part in an added header problem

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: David Shaw
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] local_part in an added header problem
On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, David Shaw wrote:

> Actually, I agree - mostly. The thing is that it can be done so much
> easier in the MTA. In an ideal world, rather than feeding a large number
> of mails to the MTA (slow), I can feed one. The MTA then makes one (or
> many - whatever) connection(s) to each site's MX and feeds down the
> message, and then a RSET, and then the next message, a RSET, and so on.

Fine, but unfortunately Exim wasn't designed to operate that way. I was
ignorant of these (and many other issues) when I started on it. It has
been coerced to do lots of things I never envisaged, but I can't at the
moment see a clean way of getting this "right". Maybe one day
inspiration will strike. The point remains on my list.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714