Re: [EXIM] local_part in an added header problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Shaw
A: exim-users
Cc: Philip Hazel
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] local_part in an added header problem
On Mon, Jun 01, 1998 at 09:17:53AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 29 May 1998, David Shaw wrote:
>
> > Maybe I should just ask for a VERP mode directly.. how about it?
>
> This would certainly force a separate copy of each messsage to be sent
> to each recipient. The use people make of this kind of thing is mainly
> for mailing list handling. One could argue that the job of setting up
> messages in that format belongs to a mailing-list managing program
> rather than to an MTA.

Actually, I agree - mostly. The thing is that it can be done so much
easier in the MTA. In an ideal world, rather than feeding a large number
of mails to the MTA (slow), I can feed one. The MTA then makes one (or
many - whatever) connection(s) to each site's MX and feeds down the
message, and then a RSET, and then the next message, a RSET, and so on.

I guess I'm trying to get as close as possible to that ideal.

Aside from the slowdown of having to feed multiple messages to exim, I
think I can get what I want via queue_smtp and then running the queue
after I finish the whole list.

David

--
    David Shaw  |  dshaw@???  |  WWW http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~dshaw/