Re: [EXIM] SMTP process returning errors

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: David Shaw
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] SMTP process returning errors
On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 09:50:48AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 1998, David Shaw wrote:
>
> >     smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x0100: exit code 1

> > The message is then frozen, and when auto_thaw kicks in 10 minutes later
> > is usually delivered without problems. Does anyone know what exit code 1
> > is? I suspect low memory..
>
> Which version of Exim? Anything on your main log or panic log? Exit code
> 1 is "failed". Something should be logged.

Oops. My fault:

Failed to reopen /var/spool/exim/input//0yafDf-0007ii-00-D for remote
parallel delivery: File table overflow

I guess that answers my question. I missed it when all of the "non-zero
status" lines went flying by.

Time to adjust some kernel parameters..

David

--