著者: tron
To: Nigel.Metheringham, ph10
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Stats all fall over...
>On Fri, 29 May 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>
>> We finally hit the point where the total volume for one destination in the
>> eximstats output went negative!
>>
>> Time to rewrite for 64 bit or better integers I think :-)
>
>I always said eximstats was a temporary lash-up. Maybe go for floating
>point?

Once a floating point value exceeds a certain magnitude, adding small
integers no longer has any effect.  That said, lack of consistency in
the declaration and printing of 64-bit integers from compiler to
compiler will be a major pain.  If you consider 53-some bits enough
(the number of bits in the mantissa in IEEE floating point), then you
can use the double type, which would be a lot easier.
--
    Ronald S. Karr
    tron |-<=>-|    tron@???