Re: [EXIM] WEB based e-mail client for Win95/NT

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Anthon Walters
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] WEB based e-mail client for Win95/NT
On Wed, 27 May 1998, Anthon Walters wrote:

> Could anyone suggest a webbrowzer based e-mail client for Win95/NT I can use
> with exim as my MTA?

Not really an exim question.

Your choice of MUA should be very largely independent of your choice of
MTA. Though you do need to be concerned about whether the MUA properly
understands and respects standards. Someone recently stated on the
majordomo-users list something like:

    MS-Exchange:  As far as you can get from RFC-822 and still pretend
    to care.

    Lotus Notes:  Doesn't even pretend to care.

Anyway, you should be interested in a Mail Accesss Protocal (like POP
and IMAP) and an MUA. Popular (bloated) webbrowsers have MUAs that talk
POP3 and IMAP (very badly). So, I would recommend that you just set
up a pop3 and imap4 server. See http://www.imap.org/ for a list of
them. I use the UW imap server, the cygnus one is also popular.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814