Re: [EXIM] Userauth. via NIS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Frank Berger
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Userauth. via NIS
On Wed, 27 May 1998, Frank Berger wrote:

> I'm not sure, if this has been handled here before.
> If so, or if I should look to a special page in the (huge ;-) manual,
> tell me so.

taurus$ grep NIS+ spec.txt
  6.6 More about NIS+
Exim contains support for doing LDAP, NIS, and NIS+ lookups, but not all       |
LDAP, NIS, and NIS+, the settings for Local/Makefile are:                      |
 .   nisplus: This does a NIS+ lookup using a query that may contain any       |
expansion variable $key is provided for this purpose. NIS+ could be used to
6.6 More about NIS+
NIS+ queries consist of a NIS+ "indexed name" followed by an optional colon
with no quotes. A NIS+ lookup fails if NIS+ returns more than one table entry
   This example uses NIS+ to look up the full name of the user corresponding
access database, a NIS or NIS+ map, or any other kind of lookup supported by
    could be used for a NIS+ lookup. Sometimes a lookup cannot be completed    |
    (for example, a NIS+ database might be inaccessible) and in this case the

All I know about NIS+ (which is not very much) is in the manual.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714