Re: [EXIM] rewriting only for specific recipients; and hostn…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Paul Slootman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] rewriting only for specific recipients; and hostname question
On Tue 26 May 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue 26 May, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > The complaint is:
> >       unknown rewrite flag character (m) in line 342
> > which I've narrowed down to being the first 'm' in "match"...

> > Any suggestions?
>
> Stick the replacement text in double quotes.

Of course... Reading the docs over for the nth time I saw this :-(
I needed to change a couple of other things as well, but this was the
main problem.

BTW: The docs speak of the "log_rewrite" option, that should be
"log_rewrites" with an 's' on the end.

> > Another thing, while I have your attention: the welcome banner:
> >
> > 220 janux.wau.mis.ah.nl ESMTP Exim 1.92 #1 Tue, 26 May 1998 18:05:58 +0200
> >
> > The hostname shown there is always the hostname corresponding to the IP
> > address on the primary interface; it should be the hostname that is
> > found by doing a gethostbyaddr() with the address on which the
> > connection is made. I found that exim will reject mail to the hostname
> > that corresponds to the other interface, even when that is the interface
> > on which the connection is made! I got bitten by this at home where I
> > have a 192.168. local ether network with a fantasy hostname, and a
> > dialup PPP connection to the internet with a fixed IP address and
> > hostname. I fixed this by putting my PPP hostname as primary_hostname
> > into the configuration file.
>
> I'm afraid Exim can't come to grips with hosts that have more than one primary
> name. The banner is an expansion string, but $primary_hostname (which is
> includes) is a fixed value.

Well, it's not really fixed, is it? If I change the name in /etc/hosts,
this changes along with it. It should be trivial (he said, not knowing
the source code details :-) ) to change what address it looks up to the
one on which the connection is made (getsockname(), gethostbyaddr()).

I'll have a look at this when I get the time.

> I think the problem you had could have been solved by setting up more than one
> domain in local_domains, couldn't it? The controls on mail do not use
> primary_host name; they use local_domains, but if you don't set local_domains,
> then it copies primary_hostname as a single local domain.

I was in a bit of a hurry to fix this, as I'd already bounced ten emails
saying that I didn't want to relay for myself :-( I'll see if your
suggestion also works when I'm at home again.

Thanks for the speedy reply! That gives me more confidence that using exim
is the right choice.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@??? | work: paul@???