Re: [EXIM] RBL

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jay Denebeim
Para: Russell Nelson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] RBL
On 26 May 1998, Russell Nelson wrote:

> Jay Denebeim writes:
> > Actually, I think it's broken.
> >
> > 1998-05-26 09:23:40 0yeLZk-00000G-00 <= nelson@??? H=ns.crynwr.com
> > [192.203.178.14] P=smtp S=582 id=19980526152406.30288.qmail@???
> >
> > The reply is coming from host ns.crynwr.com, which isn't on the RBL.
>
> You only got one reply? Then it's not broken. Had you been accepting
> mail from hosts on the RBL, you would have gotten the notice that your
> RBL test isn't working (from linux.crynwr.com) AND the message which
> showed you the SMTP conversation (from ns.crynwr.com).

Ah! I see the light. Well, in that case it sounds like exim is silently
disallowing the connections. Shouldn't it be making a log of some kind?

Jay

* Jay Denebeim  Moderator       rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5mod@???             *
* moderator contact address:    b5mod-request@???     *
* personal contact address:     denebeim@???          *