Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Julian
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature

> On Tue, May 26, 1998 at 12:44:44PM +0100, Julian wrote:
>
> > What I need is a hook into exim such that I can get authentication
> > from an external program, it wouldn't be appropriate to have this
> > built into exim
>
> Have your authentication program handle the incoming calls (either directly
> or by being called from inetd), and if they're valid, pass them on to an
> exim in the way inetd does.

That is a workable solution actually, I could arse with it in terms of
a wrapper. A bit of a pain for a daemon, but it could be done...
especially if I run exim on a different (firewalled off) port and
just get the wrapper to pass information through. Hmm.

I still think a hook to an external routing would be useful, but
that is a helpful idea. Thanks.

Julian
Unix Admin, Internet Vision