Re: [EXIM] local_part in an added header problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Shaw
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] local_part in an added header problem
On Thu, 14 May 1998, I wrote:

> On Thu, 14 May 1998, David Shaw wrote:
>
> > Right, that works... but then (I think) Exim makes a different SMTP
> > connection for each mail which is expensive. Is there any way of having
> > it use the existing connection? You know - do a RSET, then FROM, and RCPT
> > all over again on the open pipe?
>
> 'Fraid not. Point noted.

I've just been looking at this, and it turns out to be quite easy to
make it re-use the existing connection, BUT:

If it does this, it perforce sends all copies of the message in sequence
down a single connection. It cannot make use of parallel connections. It
occurs to me that someone with a mailing list containing 1000
subscribers @aol.com (say) might prefer the expense of setting up
several connections in parallel because that is likely to get rid of the
message more quickly.

What do people on this list think? Should I make this an option, and if
so, what should the default be?