Re: [EXIM] Connection closed after DATA, HELO?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Chris Faehl
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Connection closed after DATA, HELO?
On Fri, 22 May 1998, Chris Faehl wrote:

> I'm sure you can understand that before I start approaching this chairman
> telling him his personally administered machine is wonked I'd like to tell
> him exactly how it's wonked and preferably how to unwonk it. I'm presently
> not even sure his system is in error, although as you say, it does seem
> like medet is the culprit.

Test it without using Exim. I just did this:

taurus$ telnet medet.me.unm.edu 25
Trying 198.83.88.37...
Connected to medet.me.unm.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 medet.me.unm.edu UCX V4.0 AXP ready at Fri, 22 May 1998 07:07:29 -0600
helo taurus.cus.cam.ac.uk
250 medet.me.unm.edu Hello taurus.cus.cam.ac.uk, pleased to meet you

There was a long pause before it answered the helo command. I suspect it
was doing DNS verification lookups. Aha! It *was* doing them:

taurus$ telnet medet.me.unm.edu 25
Trying 198.83.88.37...
Connected to medet.me.unm.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 medet.me.unm.edu UCX V4.0 AXP ready at Fri, 22 May 1998 07:10:57 -0600
helo test.non.existent.host
250 medet.me.unm.edu Hello taurus.cus.cam.ac.uk, pleased to meet you

If testing like this works for you, then there is a problem with Exim.
If it doesn't, then the problem is definitely at the other end.