[EXIM] Connection closed after DATA, HELO?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Chris Faehl
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] Connection closed after DATA, HELO?
Hey,
    I'm in the middle of moving an entire building to a new network.
Everything's great. Exim's great. Life is great. Except that the department
chair in this building (who manages his own VMS machine and his own VMS
SMTP MTA) can't get mail from our mail server (exim 1.82, FreeBSD 2.2.6).

    Our mail server has *.me.unm.edu in local_domains. His hostname
is medet.me.unm.edu. I've set up a custom transport and director as follows:
medet_transport:
        driver=smtp
        hosts=medet.me.unm.edu
        gethostbyname

# First director
medet_director:
        driver = smartuser
        domains = medet.me.unm.edu
        transport = medet_transport

So the mail gets accepted for local delivery, then a director says whoa!
Send this back out to medet.me.unm.edu, really! This setup has worked for
me in the past (previous thanks btw to Philip Hazel) here in cs.unm.edu.

The Problem:
Mail from remote MTAs seems to be able to deliver just fine to medet.me.unm.edu
(I do not have an MX record setup for it). Exim here at wotan.me.unm.edu
just has a cow:
0yce0j-0000p5-00:1998-05-21 16:51:23 dthomp@???
<dthomp@???>
: medet_transport transport deferred: Remote host medet.me.unm.edu
[198.83.88.37
] closed connection after HELO wotan.me.unm.edu
0yce0j-0000p5-00:1998-05-21 16:51:32 dthomp@???
0yce0j-0000p5-00:1998-05-21 16:51:49 dthomp@???
0yce0j-0000p5-00:1998-05-21 16:52:00 dthomp@???
0yce0j-0000p5-00:1998-05-21 16:52:09 dthomp@???
0yce0j-0000p5-00:1998-05-21 16:52:16 dthomp@???
<dthomp@???>
: medet_transport transport deferred: Remote host medet.me.unm.edu
[198.83.88.37
] closed connection after HELO wotan.me.unm.edu

AND (his .forward is set to dthomp@???, btw):

0yceA8-0000uC-00:1998-05-21 16:51:48 dthomp@???
<dthomp@???
nm.edu>: medet_transport transport deferred: Remote host medet.me.unm.edu
[198.8
3.88.37] closed connection after DATA
0yceA8-0000uC-00:1998-05-21 16:52:00 dthomp@???
0yceA8-0000uC-00:1998-05-21 16:52:08 dthomp@???
<dthomp@???
nm.edu>: medet_transport transport deferred: Remote host medet.me.unm.edu
[198.8
3.88.37] closed connection after HELO wotan.me.unm.edu

I'm in the process of snagging exim 1.92 in the hope that this will somehow
be a magic bullet. Anyone have ideas?

Chris Faehl                  | Email: cfaehl@???
The University of New Mexico          | URL:   http://www.cs.unm.edu/~cfaehl
Computer Science Dept., Rm. FEC 313   | Phone: 505/277-3016
Albuquerque, NM  87131  USA           | FAX:   505/277-6927