Re: [EXIM] Duplicate IDs

Autor: Dom Mitchell
A: Manar Hussain
CC: Ben Smithurst, Nigel Metheringham, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] Duplicate IDs
Manar Hussain <manar@???> writes:
> You probably want to set xntpd up and only run ntpdate on restart of that.
> xntp will normally be a *lot* more graceful about shifting your clock in
> line and it's not too hard to set it up so that it only sync to a time
> server when you are online and free coasts otherwise.

Whilst that would be the ideal solution, it's not something that is
trivial to do for a dialup connection (in a pleasant manner, anyway).
Last time I tried it, it kept bringing up my line every 5 minutes. :-(
--
"For an industry which can boast of having some of the brightest people
on the planet as members, we sure do a lot of stupid fucking things." -- JKH