Re: [EXIM] Duplicate IDs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: exim-users
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Duplicate IDs

Why does exim consider a 4XX response to MAIL FROM: an "SMTP error"?
Why doesnt it recognize that it should defer?

I'll also note that I've see 5XX codes logged as "SMTP error"s as well,
Exim should consider a 5XX code from a remote SMTP host to mean bounce
the message or recipient..

SMTP>> HELO smtp.mydomain.net

SMTP<< 250 XXXXX.com Hello smtp.CNS.net (oak.CNS.net from address
[205.132.48.7]).
SMTP>> MAIL FROM: <XXXXX@???>

SMTP<< 450 defer '<XXXXX@???>',
sender address target 'XXXX.XXX' cannot be verified at this
time: verify_sender(): BIND server failure: Nameserver: Server failure:
Connection timed out. (Try again later)
LOG: 0 MAIN
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM: <XXXXX@???>: host
XXX.XXX.com [x.x.x.x]: 450 defer '<XXXXX@???>', sender
address target 'XXXX.XXX' cannot be verified at this time:
verify_sender(): BIND server failure: Nameserver: Server failure:
Connection timed out. (Try again later)
SMTP>> QUIT

SMTP<< 221 XXXXX.com closing connection
LOG: 0 MAIN

David J. Chiodo \ Microwave Systems  \ Campbell Network Systems
 <djc@???> <davec@???>  \ 820 Monroe NW Ste 411
  Domain Administrator <dns@???>   \ Grand Rapids  MI 49503
   Customer Support <support@???>   \ 616-774-3131 <info@???>
Fax 616-774-3933    Tollfree 1-888-694-INET    http://www.cns.net