Re: [EXIM] domain problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: Jan McNamara - admin+faculty
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] domain problem
> 1) one of our machines moves mail through another. The headers from the
> aux machine don't have wju.edu attached on the From line.
> They just say user@ricci;
> I've tried widen_domains = "wju.edu" in the lookuphost router but that
> doesn't seem to work. What else is necessary?
> Please don't say address rewriting to me yet...I need many more samples
> than those on page 147 and 148 of the manual...

I will say address rewriting. And explain it. Although it starts
on page 163 in my version... Nevermind,

^*@([^.]+)$    $1@$2.wju.edu    Ff

Which means: rewrite the address matching (the ^ in the beginning
and $ in the end mean "exact match", not "partial match") the scheme
"Any string (*), then the @ character, then sequense (one or more,
see "+") of any characters except dot (that's what "[^.]" means)",
with $1 (substitute whatever the * matched (the things before the
@)), then the @ sign, then $2 (whatever [^.]+ (because it's in
parentheses) matched, i.e., sequense of see above), then the string
".wju.edu". Rewrite it only in Envelope "From " (F) and Header
"From:" (f) lines. Well, this one you may want to change. We,
for example, rewrite our addresses in "Eh" (all Envelope and all
Headers)... But do we need to? Ephraim?

> 2)

Skipped, dunno.

> 3) Saw some archives about majordomo and exim. Who is a good contact for
> fine-tuning the setup for majordomo stuff?

Well, we did it here, and didn't have too much problems with that.
I just took working majordomo configuration left from the times of
sendmail, that's about all. But if you have any questions, post
'em 'ere and I believe that people, including me, will try to
answer.

Vadik, who just discovered that this bloody W95 telnet has a little
broken terminal emulation...

P.S. Ah, yeah, almost forgot: good luck.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@??? * Unix system administrator
Imagine, C++ all day, on a NT machine, using the Development