著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Dave Holland, exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Failed to create spool file

ph10@??? said:
} Hmm. The queue runner, when it starts up, uses an opendir()/readdir()
} loop to read the names of all existing spool files. Could opendir()
} be locking the directory somehow and preventing writing to it in such
} a way as to prevent the creation of new files? This must be very
} operating system specific. Any Linux experts reading this who can
} comment?

I have never heard of anything like this - and it would affect a lot of
things. Also our core mail servers are all running under Linux (on SPARC)
and I can't find any instances of this in the logs (and we move a lot of
mail).

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]