Re: [EXIM] Cookbook example of etrn plz?

Autor: Sean Witham
A: Paul Mansfield
CC: Kerry Hoath, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] Cookbook example of etrn plz?

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Paul Mansfield wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 1998, Kerry Hoath wrote:
>
> > Anyone here use exim for etrn? If so, could they give
> > me a cookbook of what they did? I don't know how to get exim to hold the messages
>
> wack smtp_etrn_nets into your configure file, and create a file which looks
> like this:
> 1.2.3.0/24
> 5.6.0.0/16
>
> For example...
>
> # this external file provides a list of who can do ETRN
> smtp_etrn_nets = /opt/exim/etc/accept-nets
>

> > and how to trigger the queue runs, I think it involves the retry rules?
>
> you can also write a finger daemon if you wish...

Has anyone writen a finger demon that could be inclued with the exim
distribution. I'm looking for a tool so that a noice user can force
there message, or even the whole queue, to be delivered rather than it
waiting for the next sheduled queue run

Someone else mentioned the idea of restricted exim admin access to
enable a limited subset of options to be available to users. This
might also solve my problem.

Has anyone else implememtned a solution ?

--Sean